Re: [LAU] LV2 programming tutorial

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 17:17:44 EET

On Friday, February 04, 2011 06:45:16 am Joan Quintana
wrote:
> I'm following the tutorial "LV2 programming for the
> complete idiot" (this is my place!), everything well
> explained. Now I want to test the Beep plugin (a midi
> synth), and Ardour is not the right host tot test it.
> Which one can I use? I installed Zynjacku and LV2Rack
> but both doesn't start. Within Calf Plugins there is the
> calfjackhost utility, but calfjackhost may be works only
> with calf's plugins. May be I miss something.

Ingen[1] is the best general-purpose LV2 host. It's
interface is a lot like AMS (alsa modular synth).

Also SLV2[2] has a utility called lv2_jack_host that works
well, but isn't as much fun to use.

-gabriel

[1] http://drobilla.net/software/ingen/
[2] http://drobilla.net/software/slv2/