Re: [LAU] Music Made with Linux: Love's Gonna Live Here

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 06 2011 - 08:42:24 EET

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 11:17:28PM -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> YEEEEEE-HAW Y'ALL!
>
> next up is a buck owens song...I was looking for a reason to do
> something with a new keyboard I picked up, hence this tune. the drums
> are hydrogen; bass, guitar and piano are my roland keyboard; recorded
> with ardour. I used some ladspa and lv2 plugins, but you shouldn't
> hold this against the software :)
>
> http://www.hardbop200.com/misc/loves-gonna-live-here.ogg

Fantastic. Go Bakersfield! That piano solo is smokin.

Also, that guitar sound is surprisingly realistic. You play it like real fingerpicking on a Tele, so it totally works, even down to the whammy bar. Just perhaps a bit cleaner than one would expect from a real guitar.

How bout some George Jones next?

-ken