[LAU] live performance, midi program change from the keyboard

From: Alessandro Preziosi <lsnpreziosi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2011 - 18:56:46 EET

i need to do something relatively simple, but i cant figure out how to do
it, or what software i need...
basically i have to play a certain song where i need to switch between
different sounds (say, a piano at the beginning using qsyinth and then a
synth created with zynaddsubfx). I want to be able to switch between one
setup to the other quickly, possibly using the program change from my
keyboard. How do i do that???

On my keyboard i can create different programs, each using different sounds
(patches) and switch between them with the click of a button. I want to use
that, but I want to generate the sounds with my computer.
I think I need a way to 'map' midi channels to different programs or midi
patches to specific programs (like, when i select piano on the keyboard
(patch0, bank0) it uses qsynth, and when i select a synth it uses
zynaddusbfx).
Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Alessandro Preziosi