Re: [LAU] live performance, midi program change from the keyboard

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2011 - 01:40:45 EET

On 11/02/11 06:00, Luke Peterson wrote:
> At my last show I decided to experiment a bit and use a Rock Band 3
> keytar via a MidAir wireless midi adapter. The RB3 controller is
> midi-compliant but completely undocumented, and while I have figured out
> how to do most useful things on it such as octaves, pitch bend, and
> modulation, I cannot figure out how to use any channel except channel 1
> (and splitting to channel 10 on the lower half of the keyboard by
> pressing one of the buttons -- I forget which). So I ended up playing
> the B3 with my keytar, but had to sit back down at my controller to play
> anything else, which is a bummer.

It sounds like you've figured out most of it anyway, but CDM did a
write-up on the RB3 keytar that covers its MIDI functionality:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/10/hands-on-rock-band-3s-keytar-a-surprisingly-serious-80-midi-keyboard/

Unfortunately it looks like it's stuck on channel 1 with the exception
of that drum split mode you mentioned.

How has the keytar been for you otherwise? I have one myself, but I
haven't done anything serious with it yet.

Thanks
Leigh