Re: [LAU] Harrison Mixbus ... now available on Linux!

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2011 - 20:25:25 EET

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM, David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Some questions on this baby:
> 1. Hardware. Run on a (fake) dual-core P4? Or does it really need core-5?

I am not 100% certain, but I think its right to say that it will run
reasonably OK on a dual core P4. the DSP is much more intensive than
Ardour sans plugins (but you are getting a lot more processing in
return).

> 2. Software. I do use MIDI. Ardour 3 has it. Will there be a smooth upgrade
> path or is this locked into Ardour 2?

I can't actually speak directly for Harrison, but I think its safe to
say that Mixbus will evolve to follow Ardour3 at some point in time.
There's too much good audio-related stuff in there
(http://ardour.org/a3_features) to not so. There will, however, be new
releases of Mixbus that continue to be based on the Ardour2 base
before any transition to Ardour3 takes place (hardly suprising since
A3 isn't even in alpha release yet, though its close).