Re: [LAU] Lightweight, small-screen-real-estate sequencer?

From: Mike Cookson <cook60020tmp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2011 - 11:04:06 EET

Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:18:00 +0100 письмо от Robert Jonsson <spamatica@gmail.com>:

> Hi guys,
>
> MusE does indeed have a pianoroll and the current qt3 version should
> be usable under those circumstances, haven't tried in a while though.
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> 2011/2/11 Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@gmail.com>:
> > On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@restivo.org>
> wrote:
> >> Is there a lightweight, fast, not-extravagant-with-screen-real-estate
> (i.e. will work in 1024X600) piano-roll sequencer?
> >
> > a couple of random ideas:
> >
> > 1. does muse have a piano roll? it can be started with the audio
> > engine disabled, which I like.
> > 2. qtractor does have a piano roll, and I enjoy using it. I have no
> > idea if it will run on that hardware, tho.
> >
> > --
> > Josh Lawrence
> > www.hardbop200.com

I just got nice hint, how to reduce screen usage using qt4, qt4 probably gtk2 apps. Note, however, you need ability of WM or GUI toolkit (i.e. again, qt4) to hide toolbars for inactive windows. I'm using kde, and it works at least for qtractor (just ried).
1. Detach __ALL__ toolbars (from file to special).
2. Some toolbars may be hidden, if are not necessary for such quick access.
3. Use window manager functionality to "dock" (really - just place) toolbars on screen - move them with... for me - Alt + MButton, instead of using handler. In this case resistance will affect them, that is very necessary.