Re: [LAU] paulstretch - was Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2011 - 20:44:32 EET

On 02/13/2011 07:32 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 2/13/11, Robin Gareus wrote:
>
>>> Can you tell me how to get sound out of it? Version 2.1 (the 'about'
>>> says 2.2). I tried with and without jack, mp3, ogg and wav files,
>>> without any success. I never see jack ports appear. With wav files I
>>> get the output: AInputS::seek 0 0 54110260 - possible audiofile bug
>>> (it always seeks to the end of the file)
>>>
>>> Portaudio seems to work, tested with audacity. Any ideas?
>>
>> Did you compile it with './compile_linux_fftw_jack.sh' ?
>>
>> I start JACK, start paulstretch, load some mp3 and just press play.
>
> OTOH JACK port appears and gets automatically connected only after you
> press Play button. Then it disappears.
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org

yes, however pausing playback keeps the JACK port.

Retaining the JACK-client port for the whole session would require much
more intrusive changes and is not trivial with the current architecture
of paulstretch.

I don't really see a use-case where this is needed for paulstretch;
besides: either auto-connect to some jack-patchbay can do the job.

robin

--
Robin Gareus
web: http://gareus.org/                mail: robin@email-addr-hidden