Re: [LAU] paulstretch - was Linux programs for creatiing/manipulating sound effects

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 03:26:18 EET

On 02/14/2011 12:49 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 2/13/11, Robin Gareus wrote:
>
>> Retaining the JACK-client port for the whole session would require much
>> more intrusive changes and is not trivial with the current architecture
>> of paulstretch.
>>
>> I don't really see a use-case where this is needed for paulstretch;
>> besides: either auto-connect to some jack-patchbay can do the job.
>
> There are other things, but I'm not quite sure about the best channel
> to report them. Things like seeking not working properly,

seeking has quite some latency until both GUI and sound react, but other
than that it works. - I suppose this is due to computational overhead
and there's not much that can be done about. maybe the GUI behaviour can
be changed to be less "jumpy" ?!

> or rendering
> to a 4 minutes long sound file taking an hour on a CoreQuad. Should
> that be reported to Paul directly?

yes. If it's related to the JACK output, keep me in the loop.

Cheers!
robin