Re: [LAU] Linux Laptops?

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 17:47:48 EET

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:06:48 -0800
Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I guess some people actually do like it.
>
> ThinkPad + focus_on_mouse + typing anything with a 'g' or 'h' in it == TROUBLE.

I've been using a ThinkPad for a very long time now and have
never had this happen to me, and I always have the focus follow my mouse;
it's a holdover from using X Windows since the 80s. I don't know when
the various GUIs started defaulting to click-to-focus, but it's one of the
first things that gets changed when I sit at a new system.

The second is disabling the touchpad. it seems I'm always touching it
with the heel of my hand, sending the cursor elsewhere - hence my like
of the nurple.

The third is the remapping of the Caps Lock key to be another Ctrl key,
since I've been used to that since the Sun keyboards of the 80s & 90s,
and the fact that caps lock is pretty useless!