Re: [LAU] Lightweight, small-screen-real-estate sequencer?

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 20:19:49 EET

Excerpts from Chris Cannam's message of 2011-02-16 18:15:52 +0100:
> On 16 February 2011 17:05, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > The font is whatever is the default if you don't have KDE installed (I don't). I don't know of any way to change it.
>
> Try qtconfig (or qtconfig-qt4). There's no KDE dependency involved any more.
>
> ... oh, but hang on a minute -- is that RG 1.7.x? In that case there
> is a KDE dependency, and I have to admit I've quite forgotten how
> you'd change the font without it.
>
> Might be worth trying a newer RG as another option.
>
> > The WM is ion3, which tiles windows. I guess it's doing with the dialog whatever it was told to do.
>
> Never really occurred to me, when thinking about tiling window
> managers (which I've never used) that one would ever want to tile
> dialogs. Interesting.
>

> Chris

It's not really tiling the dialog, is it? I guess the dialog is
floating, but I don't know ion3. I try tiling WMs since a while now,
currently i3 (not related to ion3). I run almost everything in
fullscreen mode, dialogs are usually floating and that's where things
tend to go wrong, so tiling dialogs might be an idea.
I love that i3 even manages to tile jkmeter (other tiling WMs didn't).
http://freeshell.at/~murks/jkmeter_tiled_h2.png <- just a quick test,
but with a little scripting or session management..