[LAU] gx_head accessibility question/request

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 21:43:29 EET

Hey again,

Day before yesterday I decided to give gx_head a whirl to see whether it
would be accessible under orca and was pleased to find out that it
mostly is. (orca is a screen-reader, btw) I had a lot of fun playing and
jamming around. There is only one problem: while the buttons and sliders
are recognised as such, most of them are not labelled, requiring one to
"prod and find out" which by and large isn't too difficult.
Pre/post-gain and bass/mid/trebble aren't too hard to guess, and I guess
I found the selector that changes cab simulation, but I'd still like it
if anyone could walk me through the various selectors/sliders,
especially for the effects, and tell me what they are. Also, I was
wondering whether it might be considered for future releases to
associate a text label with each GUI slider/button/etc.

BTW, has anybody found a good clean setting with gx_head? I could get
plenty of lovely crunch and grit, but didn't have much success in the
clean department.

Cheers,
S.M.