Re: [LAU] Petri-Foo - have your say!

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 03:05:22 EET

On 16/02/11 22:57, James Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've forked the Specimen sampler to create Petri-Foo[1]. The main goal
> of Petri-Foo was to make the ADSRs and LFOs independent from the items
> they modulate (ie amplitude/pitch/etc). This has been achieved and is
> quite nice to play with switching modulation sources on the go as a
> sequences plays and the output is recorded.

Sounds like fun :) I also approve of the idea of replacing Specimen's
fairly lack-lustre filter with something better.

LV2 support -- that is, support for running as an LV2 synth within a
host like Qtractor or Ardour3 -- would be very, very cool, though I fear
that would be quite a bit of work, especially if it involves extracting
the synth code from the GUI code (I don't know how separate they are at
present). I'm not sure I'd personally get much use out of built-in
support for LADSPA effects -- I'd rather just have the audio in my DAW
on independent channels and handle any effects processing there.

Thanks
Leigh