Re: [LAU] Linux Laptops?

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 06:10:25 EET

On 02/16/2011 07:54 AM, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Monty Montgomery<xiphmont@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Thinkpads generally have very good support. You can configure them
>> with incompatible options by accident, but for the most part nearly
>> all options have good linux support. Thinkpad T series are standard
>> issue at Red Hat for example.
>
> cool - I've had a thinkpad in the past, and loved it. can you
> recommend a model that you guys are using? my requirements are:
>
> 1. nvidia card
> 2. better than 1024x768
> 3. can read the battery :)

Typing this on a T510 and happy with it so far. Graphics is:
   nVidia Corporation GT218 [NVS 3100M] (rev a2)
I would have preferred Intel built-in but then I could not get the
1920x1080 screen which is great (not shinny!). 8G RAM + i7 CPU M 620 @
2.67GHz + 500G disk.

The battery indicator in Gnome seems to work fine. Sometimes it gets
confused when I put the laptop to sleep on A/C on and wake it up on
battery (shows too little battery left).

-- Fernando