Re: [LAU] Jack fallback to alsa when firefire device off?

From: Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 16:00:05 EET

2011/2/17 Dan Capp <reflectremain@gmail.com>:
> Why not indeed! Maybe that’s what my problem boils down to – KXStudio’s
> achievement of routing all audio through Jack2 is widely-celebrated, but
> perhaps it’s not suitable for a user of my particular requirements.

Why this is "widely-celebrated" and why this is an advantage to plugin
pulseaudio into jack? Besides, why install pulseaudio in the first
place?

I get good results using just alsa and jack. For instance flash movies
(youtube etc) go and connects automatically to jack output. Was that
the celebrated advantage of using pulseaudio+jack?