Re: [LAU] sf2 to h2kit?

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 19 2011 - 20:59:37 EET

I'm wondering if a straight sf2 to h2kit would actually be possible
now. I've not been able to find any docs on the h2kit format but
through browsing the hydrogen forums I'm now concerned that h2kits are
limited to 32 instruments/samples/notes? On top of this the minimum
note number I seem to be able to trigger under composite is MIDI note
36 (C2) so it would be a bit confusing if I have to transpose notes in
the conversion. So - Gabriel or any of the hydrogen devs - would it be
possible to convert a piano sf2 (for example) to a h2kit without
sacrificing a number of octaves?

I realise I could get from a sf2 to a h2kit by using a combination of
swami and hydrogen (or composite-gui) but a script would be much
easier if it is going to be possible in a nice way.