Re: [LAU] Music Made with Linux: Wanda & Nova deViator: Histrionics of Love

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 09:33:04 EET

On 02/21/2011 11:50 PM, allcoms wrote:
> Yes yes - nice track!
>
> Haven't trackers come a long way since MED? Seems there are more
> people creating electronica with Renoise under Linux than just about
> any other app, which is kinda funny as its non-free but then also not
> that weird as lots of us are ex-Amigans who got cut their computer
> music teeth on Protracker,

I'm just gonna say this, then shut up:

I didn't use trackers as a kid, an eventhough I has played a little with
soundtracker before renoise, it took quite some time to get used to the
tracker aspect, and to be honest I might have preferred a piano-roll
interface. The reason I use renoise (I suspect the same is true for most
linux renoise users) is that it's 1) rock steady 2) very rounded off and
3) very eagerly developed.

Actually for any music app I ever used I can't think of any that beats
renoise in *any* of these areas.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk