[LAU] Placing audio source in virtual room, with surround audio system.

From: Mike Cookson <cook60020tmp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 17:29:10 EET

Someone asked at forum about THX Setup Console - creative utility to setup surround audio system. I'm sure, that in this case special features of x-fi processor Emu20k1 (or what is ever) are used. I even don't try to search a way to setup it in linux. Instead i hope to get it with jack software.

In my test i have room, where is already project loaded (just to reuse and avoid adding of optional stuff). My current way is to route source at one time to zita-rev1, which supports Ambisonic B, and to host with some AMB plugins to pan source and get result also in Amb-B format. Both ambisonic outputs are mixed in Ambisonic Decoder for B format (also as plugin). I don't know, wether my choise fot this decoder is correct; sound from room is generated by zynaddsubfx, so errors in panning probably, can't appear there. But when i tried to convert mono sound (W channel from zita-rev1, which is main, monophonic, as far as i understood from wikipedia), two parameters did not noticable by my ear, and another - panned from center to right instead of from left to right. Also i tried "AMB order 1.1 mono pan", which did not make nothing noticable for my ear at all, and "AMB order 1.1 stereo pan" (with room stereo output), with which i could only increase / decrease difference between L
 and R channels, for my sence (i.e., stereo width).
Before this all i tried ambdec, but i still could not get something useful with it.
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Received on Tue Feb 22 20:15:01 2011

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Tue Feb 22 2011 - 20:15:02 EET