Re: [LAU] Help needed with Scripting in QjackCtl

From: Dan Capp <reflectremain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2011 - 23:58:07 EET

Thanks Renato. But what I'm trying to do is use the "Script" in Setup to
make QjackCtl automatically load a certain preset without me having to do
it. The reason I want to do this is because: 1) I have QjackCtl set to start
automatically on system startup and I also have QjackCtl set to "start jack
server" straight away when loaded. At the moment it automatically loads the
last preset used, so if I've been using "firewire" and then I shut my
computer down, when I start it again QjackCtl loads automatically and tries
to load the "firewire" driver/preset even when the firewire isn't connected,
so I get loads of error messages. And 2) whilst studying the options in
QjackCtl (I'm new to Linux audio and excited) I noticed that there seems to
be the facility to make it load specified presets automatically and I wanted
to try it, but it doesn't seem to work and I don't know if I'm getting the
"meta-symbol arguments" right (I'm totally new to them).

This relates to an earlier request/thread I made in LAU. It's not a big deal
if I can't do this as it just means I need to always remember to manually
switch QjackCtl to my "alsa" preset whenever I turn my firewire device off
so that it doesn't ever try and load "firewire" when the device isn't there,
like you said. I just hate error messages and I like automation - some kind
of Obsessive Compulsive thing I have maybe ;). It just seems like QjackCtl
offers an easy solution to my problem and I'm not using it right.

-Dan