Re: [LAU] WavPack's Universal Ambisonic playback on linux

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 27 2011 - 15:01:48 EET

Hi all,

> Do i need to uncompress it before playback or whats the deal here?

Answering my own question for future readers:
The Wavpack filetype needs to be uncompressed before you can play it back on
most audio players.
From my experience VLC, Audacity, QuodLibet etc all handle the uncompressed
files fine (normal 4 channel wav) but have difficulties with the .au
compressed version.

 The (linux) command to uncompress a file is as follows:
wvunpack input.ua -o output.wav

Quite simply let wavpack do its job, and play the resulting file in VLC,
trough AmbDec to your speakers... :-)
-Harry