Re: [LAU] How to access Roland Cakewalk UA-1G

From: Fritz Meissner <meissner.fritz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 00:49:52 EET

On 27 February 2011 22:55, Dave Howorth <dave@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 17:32 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
>> I've got a Cakewalk UA-1G but am having trouble understanding what I
>> need to do to use it fully.
>> I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> Thanks for all the help, everybody :)
>
> For anybody reading the archives, the device works fully with Knoppix
> 6.4.3 and 6.4.4. I don't know exactly what version of what package was
> important.

This issue was mentioned before - see this post :
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2009-November/064705.html
; also if you look through the LAU thread listing for November 2009
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2009-November/thread.html#64892
and look through the threads about UA1-EX and UA-101 you'll find
quite a bit of info. It seems that the critical file is
linux/sound/usb/usbquirks.h which contains the hardware specific
parameters.

Fritz