[LAU] QjackCtl Preset Auto-Load SOLVED!

From: Dan Capp <reflectremain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 02:16:55 EET

 Some of you might recall me asking for help on shell scripting in order to
automatically reset the default QjackCtl preset on each system startup. Well
I solved it in an extremely simple way and I thought I'd just share the info
for anyone else wanting to do the same sort of thing. So if you switch
between 2 or more different soundcards or Jack settings and want your system
to automatically start with the same setting, or connected to the same
soundcard each time, this is how:

Just write a shell script as simple as this and either save it in your
"Startup" folder, or select it using a startup manager like Autostart:

[CODE]qjackctl -p presetname[/CODE]*
i.e. "Start QjackCtl with the preset called 'presetname'"*

QjackCtl will now automatically load on startup with the preset
"presetname". It's as simple as that. For anyone wanting to use this method,
make sure you do the following:

- Get rid of any previous settings which cause QjackCtl to startup
automatically on system startup.
- The above script is the only auto-start command needed and it should go in
a shell script file which is specified in Autostart, and set the "Run On"
option to "Startup", *not* "Shutdown" or "Pre-KDE startup" (or whatever your
distro/environment specific options are).
- In QjackCtl settings, you can enable "start JACK audio server connection
on application startup" to not only have QjackCtl load with a particular
preset, but to start the audio server straight away, seamlessly with that
preset too.
- Remember to change "presetname" to whatever you named your desired default
preset as.

Hope this saves someone else (probably a beginner like me) tearing their
hair out as much as I did.

-Dan