Re: [LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2011 - 19:28:04 EET

On 3/5/11, Thomas Vecchione wrote:

> Once again, the original question that came up in this thread was "How
> can we evangelize Linux as an option to those people being left out in
> the cold by the discontinuation of PTLE?"

Write a migration guide and/or do a video about it. *THEN* you can
start evangelizing. Some of people here work in studios or just have
very good gear to use a high-quality material in such a guide. You
don't necessarily have to be a great writer: the text can be rough,
but it will exists and thus can be improved at further iterations.

A draft plan would look like:

1. What Ardour can do (list of features)
2. Basic concepts of Ardour
3. How PTLE concepts map to Ardour concepts (working with tracks,
busses, exporting etc.)
4. Aforementioned PTLE plug-ins to LADSPA/LV2 plug-ins migration
5. ???
6. PROFIT

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org