Re: [LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2011 - 20:50:28 EET

On 3/5/11, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> I should clarify that by standardized I don't mean everything is identical
> and there is no choice, but rather that people can come into most
> distributions and not need to worry about tweaking the OS in order to get
> basic tasks done.

So what you are saying is that we will never be able to do it :)

I heartily disagree. Tweaking OS to get things done comes *before* you
start meddling with Ardour and isn't required all the time. That makes
it possible to just write an Appendix that will cover several
distributions, while bloody well focusing on Ardour. So what's the
problem?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org