[LAU] Music about to be made by linux - need your help

From: Mike Mazarick <mazarick@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2011 - 00:57:47 EET

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen (and btw, musicians too),

I'm helping with a party for Chuck Leonard on April 3 at Marsh Woodwinds,
707 N Person St Raleigh, NC. Chuck is a drummer extraordinaire who has lung
cancer, liver cancer, and brain cancer. I personally thought he was near
death from the sound of it, but he seems to be in pretty good shape today.
No promise for later, though.

At first, we were going to do a benefit and try to raise some money to pay
his medical (and probably burial) expenses, but he mainly wanted to do a
party for his friends so he could tell him that he loved them. He said
that this raising money stuff was starting to feel like hustling his
friends. We both talked about the fact that the music really comes from
somewhere else and we are just a conduit. He agreed and said that the
drums really played him; he wasn't really playing the drums.

This is going to be a giant jam session lasting around 4 hours. I'm trying
to get someone local to do the capture into 16 or 32 tracks, but I
definitely would like some help with Post and planning for what needs to be
done.

Let me know if you are interested in participating somehow and what we need
to do to enable you to take part.

Here's a few links:
(from the Ray Codrington party where Chuck played drums):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36535750@email-addr-hidden/3552361499/in/pool-raycodringtonpa
rty
(chuck is the one on the very bottom grinning like a Cheshire cat).

Here's a more complete group of pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/raycodringtonparty/pool/

Here's some music from the party (Chuck is on drums):
http://www.djcj.org/audio/lam/lam-tracks-2009/02-02-mazarick-Night_In_Tunisi
a.mp3
(thanks, Patrick Shirkey for hosting this for the past few years)

I got one of Chuck playing with the other guy who's organizing this, Robert
Griffin at Marsh Woodwinds with Ray Codrington:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUgANUmrZ0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap6lygv08Mw&feature=related
(Robert is in San Francisco this week with the Squirrel Nut Zippers).

If you are interested in helping, I can be reached by sending a message to
mazarick AT bellsouth DOT net

Thanks,

Mike Mazarick