Re: [LAU] kdenlive 0.7.8 audio issues with kxstudio (10.4.3) 2.6.33-29-realtime

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2011 - 20:34:10 EET

On 3/12/11, Aaron L. wrote:
> What's the best way to kill jack in KXStudio then?
>
> .....and then only have ALSA running?

No idea, sorry, Haven't trid KXStudio so far.

> I'd like to attempt some video editing (tall order, I know) but this audio
> issue is killing it.
>
> Also, does avidemux work with JACK?

AFAIK, there are just 4 video tools than can make use of JACK:
Blender's video sequencer (needs a plug-in) and the following VJ
tools: LiVES, VeeJay and FreeJ. Blender's VSE, as well as those VJ
tools are not very well suited for editing video.

It's possible that VLMC, VideoLAN's own NLE, will support JACK, since
VLC supports it, but it's not stable yet and only available from Git
(requires VLC from Git too).

In other words, video production with JACK-driven audio is currently
very clumsy.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org