Re: [LAU] Audio trigger with MIDI out

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 17:42:51 EET

2011/3/17 Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@email-addr-hidden>

> Hmmm ... it looks like good idea and Theremin patch as good starting point.
>
> It is long time ago I played with MAX/MSP never with PD
> Do you know some good object for HPF and LPF?
>
> Is it possible to make standalone app from PD patch? MAX can do it if
> I remember well.

Mira,

This is a good source for info on PD objects:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/pure-data. In particular:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/ch082_audio-filters.

PD patches are not able to be made into standalone apps, at least not in any
user-friendly manner. Also, the theremin patch linked to uses fiddle~, which
I understand is slightly deprecated in favor of sigmind~. However, given
that you seem to be only interested in onset information, and not pitch or
sinusoidal partials as provided by these objects, it may be simpler to just
use something similar to:

 [hip~] or [lop~] > [bonk~] > [makenote]

-michael