Re: [LAU] Two QjackCtl questions: JACK autostart and shutdown

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2011 - 00:48:57 EET

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 17:26:19 Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On 03/03/2011 10:56 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 11:19:16PM +0100, Dominic Sacré wrote:
> >> Hmm, ok... But I don't really care about QjackCtl being minimized,
> >> all I want is for my laptop to power down. How does QjackCtl
> >> prevent the system from shutting down anyway? If it weren't for
> >> QjackCtl, I wouldn't even know that an application has the power
> >> to do this.
> >
> > Clicking the 'close' icon will make the WM send a WM_DELETE_WINDOW
> > message. The application's reaction should be to close down, not
> > to minimise itself. Qjackctl's way to handle this seems to be
> > wrong. Window managers normally provide another icon and/or a
> > shortcut for minimise, and they normally don't even require the
> > app's support to perform this action.
>
> finally, as of todays svn trunk (qjackctl 0.3.7.10) commit-log:
>
> - Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now
> tapped for graceful application exit, even though the main
> window is active (visible) and minimizing to system tray
> is enabled. Both were causing first shutdown/logout attempt
> to abort. Not anymore, hopefully ;).

Thanks a lot Rui. With both "Confirm application close" and "Confirm
server shutdown" disabled, QjackCtl no longer interferes with me
shutting down the machine. Interestingly, for a split second Gnome still
shows a dialog saying "This program is blocking log out", but then shuts
down anyway :)

Cheers,

Dominic