Re: [LAU] New beta Renoie 2.7

From: Rafal Zawadzki <bluszcz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 18 2011 - 22:09:28 EET

http://www.renoise.com/indepth/renoise-news/back-to-beats-with-renoise-2-7-beta-and-a-30-discount/

>> with really revolutionary features:
>>

>> * Multiband send device (which allows to send channel to 3 routes -
>> depends on range freq!)
>> * Beat slicer
>> * Improved Automation (finally Renoise are automatise parameters for
full
>> song in fancy way, snap them to the beat and so on).
>>
>> It's still beta - but with Renoise quality - besides of few bugs its
free
>> from memory laks and crashes (yesterday was working on song in 12
tracks
>> +
>> 7 vst instruments + loomer + one ladspa effect) and Renoise survice
>> longer
>> than me.
>>
>> :)
>>
>> P.S.
>>
>> From Linux users point of view some things are still missing (LV2
support
>> + Jack Master Transport problem - I heard that Jack developers has been
>> contacted since its not exactly renois issue), but for sure it is
really
>> mature Linux DAW.
>
> we have not been contacted.
> please describe the problem. and since nobody has problems with the
> transport api. i think its their problem.
>
> anyways. if i had the source i could fix it.
> i dont. they HAVE jacks source. so its their job to point at the
> problem.

Hi Torbenh.

Thanks for your reply.

About the "problem" and the "contact", as I wrote - 'I heard' - I found a
post (on the Renoise forum) when one user thanked 'for bringing issue to
Jack devs' and in previously one, other user mentioned 'Paul Davis' as
great developer and suggested contact him, so this is what I understand -
but I have not seen such statement (about contact) from Renoise developers
- just for clarifying,

However, the problem exists during triggering first note in some jack
configuration. I have been affected by this issue weeks ago... I saw also
threads with problems with Hydrogen in specific slave mode...

Quite detailed description of problem could be found here:

http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?/topic/26193-linux-jack-transport-first-notes-skipped-sometimes/page__p__212859#entry212859

Regards,

--
Rafal bluszcz Zawadzki
 Django / Plone / Python / dub / drum&bass