[LAU] Alternative FluidSynth GUI?

From: Dan Capp <reflectremain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 20 2011 - 02:39:33 EET

Research tells me that QSynth seems to be the only currently
available/usable GUI for FluidSynth, but I get big xruns whenever I try and
use it. FluidSynth itself doesn't cause me problems (I know because I'm able
to use the FluidSynth-DSSI plugin fine in Rosegarden etc). The problem is
that I want to use FluidSynth with Ardour3, but Ardour3 doesn't support DSSI
plugins yet. So the only solution I have is to find a standalone interface
for FluidSynth and then to link up using Jack. I looked at the old GUI
'FluidGUI' but it seems to be so old that it won't properly install on
recent versions of Ubuntu.

So does anyone know of:
1) A GUI for FluidSynth other than QSynth and FluidGUI?... or
2) An application other than the above 2 which would allow me to load
soundfonts?

Thanks in advance.

- Dan