Re: [LAU] Sub-Harmonic Synthesizer?

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 05:02:53 EET

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This past week I attending a concert of an acappella vocal group that
> would using a DBX-120A sub-harmonic synthesizer to double the bass
> singer's voice. It sounded amazing, and a little Googling has
> revealed that this rackmount unit is quite popular. Is there anything
> in the Linux world that does the same thing? I am not a programmer,
> so it would need to be somewhat easy-to-use (trying to fend off the
> "just make one in puredata!!!" comments here :), lv2 would be awesome
> too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

Dave Robillard has ported the mda plugs to LV2, so maybe the mda SubSynth
plugin?

Here's the help page for the vst version:
http://mda.smartelectronix.com/vst/help/subsynth.htm

To get the plugin I think you'll have to build from Dave's source tree,
though debs may be in the kxstudio ppas if you are on ubuntu. There are also
PKGBUILDs for Arch in Archaudio.

Whether it works or not is another question...

-michael