Re: [LAU] Introduction to Ardour 3.0 MIDI

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 14:19:08 EET

Hi Rafal!

See http://ardour.org/a3_features

> For example I am interested in VST support in a3 - I tried google and not
> sure how valid is answer fro 2009:
>
> http://ardour.org/node/3071

No, thats outdated. You need to use the --vst option with waf when
compiling. Finding VSTs that don't cause frequent crashes is hard -
you've been warned! This is why the official builds don't support it.
Native VST support could well be a different story when it arrives but
that likely won't be in 3.0.

> And of course would like to read about what to test and so on.

As for this and development status:

http://tracker.ardour.org/

Have fun testing A3!

Dan