Re: [LAU] help with guitarix settings

From: Cedric Roux <sed@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 17:15:36 EET

----- "Q" <lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Presumably you mean the lead guitar rather than the rhythm? I can't

yes, the solo. Sorry.

> But that said, you've omitted a crucial bit of information -- what
> type
> of guitar are you using? I'd be very surprised if you'd get near that

"jackson fusion std" is written on it. There are 3 "mikes" (pickups?).
One is near the attach of the string (sorry, english vocabulary
missing) and is doubled and 2 are closer to the middle of the strings.
There is a switch to select which mike to use, one button for volume
and one button for "presence" or whatever, it seems to do some EQ,
like removing treble. There are pictures on the internet.

> doing a solo like that. I'd say you don't want too much distortion --
> plenty of gain, but not much drive -- and probably a fair amount of
> compression going into the amp. (I do wonder though just how close
> it's
> possible to get with modelling software rather than hardware.)

okay, I'll dig in that direction.
I usually put input gain to max, drive to max, bass&treble to max
and medium to min. I don't know how to use a compressor, so I don't.
I get a nice sound for extreme metal stuff, but for those solos it
does not seem to work. Something does not fit, too much treble when
I attack the string I would say but I don't know...

Maybe I just should put an example of raw input sound for people
to play with it.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbTA9CAr30&feature=related

the sound is different, no? Is it just my ears (I mean brain)?

thanks for your suggestions.