Re: [LAU] Another song recorded with Linux: Vinter

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2011 - 21:28:36 EEST

Hello Gabbe!
   first of all, I think, that you've got something wrong. You shouldn't be
grateful to us - at least not to me - for listening, but I must thank you, for
sharing this.
   It's again beautiful music. Again no complex chord structure, which is what
I like quite a bit. but nice and fittng chords. It's an interesting contrast
betweenthe sweet, almost fluid guitars and the "rapping". And of course the
contrast between the rapping and the singing. Nice the way the different
timbres interact. I think I'm also grateful, that I don't understand the
lyrics, not because I suspect poetic shortcomings, but I dislike winter and
everything connected with it.
   If I should put in a bad word as well, only one thing would potentially
spring to mind: The electric guitar might have been even more fluid, if you
used different compression for it. I think even shorter attack, to remove the
click at the beginning of the notes. So the plucking noise wouldn't be that
loud. I don't know, what it is about that, but with that pulled down, it
sounds even more pleasant to the ear.
   A very beautiful song, it makes me feel good and logning for my own
instruments.
   Warmly yours
            Julien

--------