Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux: Shameless Plug for My Remix Contest Entry

From: S C Rigler <riglersc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 14:28:21 EEST

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Cedric Roux <sed@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> ----- "S C Rigler" <riglersc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> http://www.indabamusic.com/#!/opportunities/gold-motel-remix-contest/submissions/51279
>
> Is it just me or others cannot download the music as well?
> I don't run flash, is it flash-based? Is it supposed to work with firefox?
> maybe version 4.0?
>
> Why so many people on the list use crappy services like the above one,
> I don't get it...

Yes, the site requires flash to run their streaming player. I apologize for
not mentioning that before. I certainly do not choose the web sites I visit
because they require flash but I've had to stop being a purist with some
things because I haven't found free, non-proprietary,
environmentally-friendly alternatives that allow me to participate like
everyone else. From now on I will, at the very least, mention when flash is
required and try to include an alternative, Lynx-compatible, means to access
the work I am trying to share.

--Steve