Re: [LAU] McMillen SoftStep controller

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 05:52:54 EEST

On 01/04/11 10:56, plutek wrote:
> keith (head of the company) has replied on the company forum:
>
> "SoftStep is class compliant so plug it into anything and it will work. This is why we have Standalone mode.(Editors only in Mac / PC)."
>
> so it should be possible to use it as a USB device under linux. it remains to be seen whether the editor functions in Wine. does anyone know the status of class-compliant USB support in Wine?

If it shows up as an ALSA MIDI device once it's plugged in (as it should
do, if it's truly a class-compliant USB MIDI device), then it should
work fine with Wine -- it'll appear as a MIDI device within Wine. I've
had great success using the Windows editor app for my Korg nanoKONTROL
(which is also a class-compliant USB MIDI device) under Wine.

Thanks
Leigh