Re: [LAU] OT: metal, money, changes, bleg

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 14:45:01 EEST

On 04/01/2011 11:44 AM, Ken Restivo wrote:
> Fans (or non-fans) of 80's heavy metal might enjoy this. A friend sent me this raw material in a random email, and I spent exactly 15 minutes coding it up in (gasp!) PHP:
>
> http://restivo.org/dio/
>
> Also, after about 4 years of trying to make it in music and failing, I've left the band, put my own music aside, and officially given up. Sorry, I've reached the end of my poverty rope. If I post any more music, it'll be whatever I can knock out in an hour so of break time.
>
> I'm now focussing the bulk of my time on, you know, stuff, that, like, pays, uh, actual money. So far that's been writing software: a little bit of web stuff, and I'm just finishing up an Android project bringing up an appliance and interfacing it to a microcontroller via serial port. The gadget/embedded stuff fits in well with what I was doing with linux audio, and it seems to pay well. I've done enough web stuff to be able to slide right back into that too.
>
> I like projects and contract work, not really looking for any kind of 9-to-5 committment-- I still think like a musician and work best on my own in the middle of the night--, so if anyone knows of random contract work, let me know off-list. If it pays (within reason), then I'll do it.
>
> Thanks all for everything, and I expect you may find me contributing more code than music as the years roll on.

Man you're the prototype Linuxaudio musician! An example, you can't stop
man! :)

Living a free life in California, calling real horn players instead of
buying the samples, playing guitar in the garden, playing multiple
instruments, performing naked...

Yesterday I did listen to your song (afaik) 'MonoSynth Interlude', which
really surprised me in a good way, I really liked it! You should get an
Linuxaudio oscar!

Ken Restivo is stopping? No way!

Thanks.

\r