Re: [LAU] RME HDSP: X11-less mixer state restoring

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2011 - 02:15:07 EEST

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2011 20:28:19 Paul Davis wrote:
>> store the state of the n'th card (starting from zero) in a file called
>> foobar: alsactl -f foobar store N
>> restore the state of the nth card (starting from zero) from a file
>> called foobar: alsactl -f foobar restore N
>
> I mean it is impossible to store/restore mixer (levels, routes) state.

alsactl *should* save/restore everything. perhaps i've forgotten and
it doesn't handle the triples used by the matrix mixer. that is
possible. i couldn't run hdspmixer for a while (thanks fedora and
fltk), so i just made sure i ran my script as: "hdspctl on play" as
part of every boot. that set things up the way i needed them. the
logic in there is pretty amenable to alteration to give you any
combination of routing + levels unless its something totally random.

keep in the mind that the matrix mixer is a huge piece of
configuration data. on a full hdsp system, its about 1500+ elements;
on a MADI system its much bigger still. the fact that it consists of 3
items (source, destination, gain) has always been a problem for some
ALSA utilities and other tools based on the idea that a control is at
most a pair of items.

--p