[LAU] OFF TOPIC - Passing The Hat

From: Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 22:50:50 EEST

We have a talented mixing engineer in our midst that has fallen on some hard
times and been unable to find employment in this crappy economy. He is a
Linux user and a long-standing member of our community. He's been wanting to
do set up a rig at home so he can mix people's music for a fee. To help him
get up and running I'm taking collections to build him a computer and set it
up properly for using Ardour and the rest of the wonderful apps we have at
our disposal and then send it on to him. I'm pretty sure I can set him up
nicely for sub $300. I just don't have enough cash to pay it out of my own
pocket. So if you are interested in helping a great guy become a productive
member of our community then please help out by kicking in a few bucks. He's
requested that we don't send him money directly because he would probably
spend it on rent right now. So if you could Paypal me at
PipeManMusic@email-addr-hidden or use the Paypal link on
http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com I would appreciate it.

Also, if you all ready have a capable machine you could donate to the cause
that would be welcome too, however, please keep in mind I'm trying to set
him up properly so he can use large numbers of tracks and plugins, so no
outdated hardware please.

If you think of this post as tasteless and offensive then I apologize in
advance and hope you understand a guy trying to help out another guy out.

Thanks so much for reading,

Daniel Worth
Host
The Open Source Musician Podcast