Re: [LAU] OT: Small studio monitors, or what are you using?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2011 - 01:40:39 EEST

On Sunday 17 April 2011 00:05:04 S. Massy wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 09:33:32PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > On Saturday 16 April 2011 12:05:35 Folderol wrote:
> > > Alesis Monitor 1 Mk2 here. They are nearfields and ideal for my cramped
> > > 'portable' studio. Been using them for a couple of years now and very
> > > pleased with them.
> > Same monitors and some love for them here.
> > Altough I find them a bit bass-heavy from time to time. Doing a little
> > drc with a non-flat target function helps to solve that:-)
> Really? They are *so* inexpensive in comparison to other brands/models
> discussed so far...

To be fair: I have them standing 10cm from the wall behind my desk. That is
certainly a factor for more bass. But I can't place them "in the middle of the
room" as the room is only 3x2.5 meters...

> How are they in terms of reliability/construction?

Reliability: I am using them since about 5 years and they work still as good
as when I bought them.
Construction: The blue leds are really bright. Had to tape them so I don't get
blind.
Otherwise they are great. So far they survived three moves, many hours of
music and several sinus-measurement-sweeps.

Have fun,

Arnold