Re: [LAU] Two questions about mono/polyphonic behaviours

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Apr 20 2011 - 21:21:18 EEST

Hello James!
   In mono mode: You very often - at least with analogue/virtual analogue synth
you have the choice between retrigger and no retrigger. It is usually a
seperate button/function.
   You could have the same choice for polyphonic mode. It depends on the
instrument. With a drumkit cymbal, I'd expect the first note to completely
play through. With a guitar I wouldn't. It's a pitty you only have straight
forward play through to the end and not stop the sound according to its
envelope (release phase). But maybe in time...
   I hope that helps.
  Kindest regards
            Julien

--------