Re: [LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

From: Lieven Moors <lievenmoors@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 23 2011 - 15:21:03 EEST

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 09:43:27AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Lieven!
> IO wasn't ask, but I'll chip in a penny anyway. :-0
> I just had an idea the other night: Why not use the RDF format to
> describe the OSC parameters? Isn't that, what RDF files do for
> plugins? Describe their parameters (ports), so that hosts (like
> Ardour) can generate nicer GUIs for them.
> Warm regards
> Julien

Hi Julien,

That sounds like a very good idea, although I don't
know much about RDF yet. I'll have a closer look at it.
But you would need to construct some use-case first,
in order to convince people that this is a useful thing
to do. Maybe we could propose such a format, make a few
files that describe existing applications (e.g. Ardour)
and then make a simple interface, that uses it?
The whole FUSE idea might be to much to start with...

P.S.

Maybe there are already people who would benefit
from such a format, or maybe some people are already
using something similar. Maybe we should ask around on
lad for this...

greetings,

lieven