Re: [LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

From: Lieven Moors <lievenmoors@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 18:35:53 EEST

Hi Julien,

I was reading about RDF myself a little. Although it's
quite a long read, this link seems like a good starting
point.

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/

After reading most of this, I think RDF and OSC would make a
great match. I don't think standard rdf would provide all
the necessary types for OSC though, but it should be possible
to make rdf schema for OSC. (I don't know how that works yet,
so I should read up on that too).
LV2 might be the thing to look at as well, because it does
all this stuff. But it also uses OWL which is an extension to
RDF. I think it is mostly used to provide a more object oriented
approach to RDF, and it complicates things quite a bit.
(what does ontology mean again? :-).
But it might not be nessecary at all to use OWL in this case...

Well, I'm not sure how all this should be done in practice.
Just wanted to share a few of my first impressions.

Greetings,

lieven