Re: [LAU] LinuxSampler and SFZ

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 01:11:25 EEST

On 30/04/11 07:51, S. Massy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today, I built linuxsampler from CVS in order to be able to use the SFZ
> engine; however, when I do:
> LOAD ENGINE SFZ 0
> SET CHANNEL AUDIO_OUTPUT_DEVICE 0 0
>
> LinuxSampler segfaults. Has any one had any success using linuxsampler
> together with SFZ, ir is it still very much under development at this
> point?

I've used it quite a bit, but I did find in the past (though less so
now) that it's a bit particular about the order in which things are
done. It could be that it's now happy enough with files generated by its
GUIs (I use Fantasia, and haven't run in to these problems for a while),
but that it's still not entirely robust when given commands in a
different order to what it's expecting.

I've attached a sample .lscp file that I've been using a lot -- it was
generated in Fantasia, and loads 10 copies of the same SFZ drum kit.
Hopefully it'll give you some pointers on how to produce a .lscp file
that will load successfully.

Thanks
Leigh