Re: [LAU] Recommended USB interface with 2 XLR inputs?

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 02:19:46 EEST

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 03:25:49PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I apologize for cross posting. I asked this on Alsa-Users a couple of
> days ago but haven't received any responses. As it's about shopping I
> might do this weekend I figured I'd try here also. Thanks in advance.
>
> I'd like to pick up something to do simple mobile recording gigs with
> my laptop. It needs to be USB 2.0 based, have 2 XLR inputs, support
> headphone monitoring and preferably do 96KHz.
>
> The M-audio Fast Track Pro seems to come closest although as I
> understand it that device won't do 96K on all inputs and outputs at
> the same time. Not a huge deal but one tick against for that.
>
> What other devices do folks suggest I take a look at?
I'm extremely happy with my Roland (sometimes branded Edirol or
Cakewalk) UA25EX. 2 XLR combo inputs, High-Z on one for passive pick-up
type input, headphone monitoring, midi in/out, separate 1/4 and RCA out,
all in a nice aluminium case. Oh, and it's bus-powered. Might be the
ticket. Though I'm not sure about 96K full-duplex, as I find 48K enough
for me.

Cheers,
S.M.