Re: [LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

From: Lieven Moors <lievenmoors@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 04 2011 - 03:17:08 EEST

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:51:24PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello again!
> OK, there's the point where I give up. At least for the moment.
> I've uploaded a small tarball on my server:
> http://juliencoder.de/osc_test.tar.bz2
> It contains Lieven's modified program, the modified liblo example
> server and the paper on OSC querying in HTML format.
> I think, I've just seen my error. I need to write a different
> method to receive documentation and be sure to do it in teh format
> expected: (ss) path, doc_string
> Hm, probably I'll give it a try.
> Small question: I've read, that liblo doesn't handle pattern
> matching? Is that still true?
> Kind regards and thumbs up :-)
> Julien

Hi Julien,

Just want to explain a few things. The idea of osc_query was
to write a program that prints out all possible osc paths.
In a second step I could add a #type-signature, or #documentation
part to all those paths, issue a query with that address, and
print the replies of all those as well.

This is how I do it know:

- make a new lo_address for the specified port
- set up the server (now the server will also listen on that address)
- add a method for any replies
- send one query for the root path

Now when I get the reply in that method, I send out
new queries from within that method for all the subdirectories
I received. The same method will receive all subsequent replies
as well, and send out new queries for the subdirectories of the
subdirectories. I will do this until it receives replies which
indicate terminal nodes, and then prints them out.

What you do now in osc_query, is send out one query for //#documentation,
that is, for the documentation of the root node.

If you want to send one /path/#documentation query to test if
it works with the server, it would be a lot easier to use oscsend
with the patch I send. Oscsend only sends one query, and with the
patch it will print out one reply to that query.

If that works with your server, I could modify osc_query to print
out _all_ type-signatures and documentation that your server provides
at once.

Hope this clears things up a bit,

greetings,

lieven