Re: [LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed May 04 2011 - 18:39:45 EEST

Hello!
   First of all it was interesting to follow your discussion about the issues
with OSC. I think we ca - for the moment and typical use-case - skip the
considerations of wireless LAN and transfer over real network cables, since we
are mainly focused on controlling apps on one computer. Of course, you can
extend this concept, but since TCP is no problem, that could be arranged.
   OK, Lieven, writing a server, that can respond to all the "commands' might
take a bit, sice I think, I'd much rather write it in C++ and with a proper
tree structure. I found, that string processing is easier in C++ and storing
the necessary data might be clearer from a readability point of view.
   The problem I see - at the moment - is processing those commands, finding
them in the paths. I could grep for "#command" somehow, but again I feel C++
string class suites me better for tat purpose. Since it's Uni, don't rely on
me being quickly. I'll find a suitable tree structure, most likely one from
the boost library, just so you're warned. :-) And then I need to do some
experiments on strings.
   Kind regards
           Julien

--------