Re: [LAU] sending program change from the commandline

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri May 06 2011 - 00:34:15 EEST

Hello Atte1
   Youcould use midish. It can run as an interactive shell or as a shell for
scripts.
   I would have to look up the required commands, but you might easily do so
yourself here:
http://www.caoua.org/midish/manual.html
   The up-to-date midish manual, which is very well written and structured. You
can either use predefined commands or if your synths require some sysex magic,
you can send direct sysex or write a small procedure (shell function) for it,
either in your ~/.midishrc - so it will be there all the time, or just in your
script.
   I hope this helps.
   Hm, a dirty way might be to create MIDIfiles with whatever you like, that
just contain the program and bank changes and use aplaymidi to send them. :-)
   Warm regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net