Re: [LAU] sending program change from the commandline

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 06 2011 - 15:23:53 EEST

On Friday 06 May 2011, alessandro.filippo@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> You could use KASEQ in&nbsp;shell
> scripts.&nbsp;http://kmetronome.sourceforge.net/kaseq.shtml

Thanks for mentioning Kaseq. I thought that nobody was using this program anymore. The problem with Kaseq is that DCOP is deprecated. I'm planning to migrate it to DBus and release a new version some day, time permitting.

It is easy to make this utility in C++ with Drumstick, like the attached one. The destination is hard-coded to "KMidimon:0", but I'm sure that you can change or add your own MIDI interface easily. To build it, you need to install Qt4 and Drumstick development libraries first. Put both files: sndpgmchg.pro and sndpgmchg.cpp, at some directory and compile the program using the commands:

$ qmake
$ make

Regards,
Pedro