Re: [LAU] sending program change from the commandline

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 23:55:15 EEST

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 10:40:19PM +0200, Renato wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2011 10:40:24 +0200
> Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > But *beware* to use python for any serious (real-time)
> > midi-processing. Timing is bad and unreliable.
> >

> how bad could it get? something like 1, 10 or 100 milliseconds?

Depends on the Python modules you are using.
I've been using Python a lot lately for integrating MIDI and
OSC (and other event inputs), using my own C extensions for both.
Works perfectly. The tools I use allow running critical paths in
RT mode, but it has never been necessary. Compared to HW MIDI
speeds Python is fast as lightning.

--
FA