Re: [LAU] Aeolus info wanted

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 22:19:37 EEST

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:07:48AM -0700, menno wrote:

> i'd like to get information on Aeolus from Fons Adriaensen, the link to his page seems to be dead.
> I'd like to know about how to access and use the stops with midi.
> Is there a good doc somewhere?

The website is available on <http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org>.

The README in the source distribution explains how to control
the stops using MIDI. I copy the relevant section below.

6. Midi control of stop buttons
-------------------------------

The protocol uses one controller number. The default is #98, but you
can change this in global.h. The message is accepted only on channels
enabled for control in the midi matrix.

The value is interpreted as follows:

  v = 01mm0ggg

      This type of messages (bit 6 set) selects a group, and either
      resets all stops in that group or sets the mode for the second
      form below.

      mm = mode. This can be:

         00 disabled, also resets all elements in the group.
         01 set off
         10 set on
         11 toggle

      ggg = group, one of the button groups as defined in the instrument
      definition. In the GUI groups start at the top, the first one (for
      division III) being group #0.

      The values of mm and ggg are stored and need not be repeated unless
      they change.

  v = 000bbbbb

      According to the current state of mode, this command switches a
      stop on or off, or toggles its state, or does nothing at all.

      bbbbb = button index within the group.

      Buttons are numbered left to right, top to bottom within each
      group. The first one is #0.

Ciao,

--
FA